I should make an FHC brand and burn it into the open wound of trees I girdle :)
:thumbs: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
For a split second it looked like a chestnut in bloom but it’s definitely not. Looks like it’s something from overseas but I can’t place it. I say...
Another vote for Mimosa AKA silk tree. Invasive as all get out. I’ve seen them both in people’s yards and taking over disturbed natural areas. I...
Every year the acronym gets longer. The + sign at the end of it now is indicative that they’re already planning on adding others. Who that might...
You been watching Canadian Prepper on YouTube? :D
Careful, taking swipes at someone’s religion is frowned upon ;)
I’m finally getting around to making another batch of weapons-grade hot sauce :thumbs: I’ve got the brine for these jars cooling right now. The...
Nice work :thumbs: I remember you posting a thread about this one a while back. I recall suggesting you call in the army to take it down from a...
:rofl: :lol:
That's a very interesting idea. When you start considering mining raw materials, processing them, transporting, disposing of waste etc. it all...
Interesting statistics. Looks like there are a lot of adolescent thinkers amongst the population. How are we to re-educate them to cast away their...
Good point. They do grow in poor soil, and I’ve definitely seen them growing in terrible industrial places. These seedlings seemed a little...
I had a tulip poplar come up last year through this brick by my raised bed. I cut it last year, but it came back again this year. I’m going to let...
All the black locust I started indoors and put outside got chomped by squirrels. I broadcasted literally thousands of BL seeds in another area,...
Thanks for the idea Brad :) I picked a bunch of mulberries this weekend, saved a couple dozen, mashed them up in water and strained the seeds out....
[ATTACH]
Better a day late than never :) [ATTACH]
Great to see it’s still growing vigorously. That was the key to their dominance for thousands of years. They outpaced their oak and beech cousins,...
Right up the road from your buddy’s house last year I spotted a Chinese chestnut close to where the power lines cross the road. Then there’s...