I add my grass clippings to my garden fairly regularly. That is unless I'm mowing a section where the grass bolted and went to seed :hair:
Mid 70s and not dropping much overnight. We got some much needed rain here today, just in time for this week’s heat wave. :picard: I’m not exactly...
I don’t see the bed overrun with weeds so I’d say you aren’t doing too bad. It’s not too late for another planting of cucumbers or squash. I just...
I guess so. Either it was flagged and taken down or it was legitimate and snatched up fast. Hopefully it was real and somebody in need got a...
Fishy? I’m no pellet head but if I was it would pique my interest. 40 lb Bags of pellets, Free 40 lb Bags of pellets, Free - free stuff
We stopped in Canaan CT to visit the ruins of Beckley Furnace, which is a 19th century iron works factory on a river. At the far end of the...
I found miles of boxelder trees. Not a tree too commonly seen here in Connecticut. Here’s a small grove of them, which are some of the larger ones...
This cemetery dates back to the early 18th century. Most of the grave markers are just unmarked natural rocks. It’s called colloquially “Green...
I tried growing Roma tomatoes 3 years in a row, and got blight every time. :hair: I gave up on that variety and haven’t had blight since.
What does the management area consist of? Removing all the affected host trees?
What, I was talking about Dutch elm disease, spotted lanternflies, Asian longhorned beetles.... ;)
Face masks and all :picard: Even the Simpsons were right on several episodes too :whistle:
This isn't the first (or second, third, fourth...) time something came from Asia that threatened a native species here. If we look to the past we...
[ATTACH]
That’s the spirit! Black locust, Osage orange, mulberry… all the best firewood errrr I mean windbreak trees :thumbs:
I wonder if the inside of the engine bay is more of an apples to apples comparison?
Put a baffle on the top of the pipe and now you’re cooking with Crisco :thumbs:
Interesting concept; keep us updated on the progress. I think more holes for maximum air circulation would be advantageous. My mind keeps going...
It's that time of year again. After a fairly dry winter and spring, it's been abnormally dry for weeks now. As of today we've been upgraded to...
It’s my understanding that the typical dark red streaks found in boxelder are caused by a fungus. I suppose under certain growing conditions the...