This load is 100% processed and stacked against about a face cord worth of sugar maple I got back in June. I think I need to find another load of...
Does anybody else’s mouth water when you split/noodle a piece of white oak and it looks like this inside? :drool: Of course the obligatory thing...
There’s not much to do with them, as far as I know. Typically asparagus is harvested in the spring, which where I am is in May. You cut it every...
Those are asparagus “trees” :) It’s what asparagus spears turn into when you stop harvesting them and let them bolt.
Looks like tree of heaven but a bark picture would be helpful
I had that happen to me 4 years ago. Those pod things opened up and produced purple flowers.
Another small load of white oak from my friends in the tree service. There were many, many piles and species to choose from but I opted for this....
I had to look that up; I never heard of them. I don’t know about an aluminum one though, seems with all the hammering it wouldn’t take long to...
Sorry to hear the pre-cut score fell through, but at the same time, there’s nothing wrong with nice straight beech like that :yes:
:whistle: I knew you were going to go there… maybe this weekend. My saw is gassed up, sharpened up, and in the truck with extra fuel, bar oil,...
I’m no elm expert by a long shot, but I can recognize Siberian elm by its sparse canopy. The leaves are much smaller than either American or...
Working it like that is an uphill battle. Having a knot in that one end of the round (second picture) on top of being green wood, makes for an...
This is true, but it’s all part of my latent 3 year plan. One year in the round, followed by at least two summers in the stacks before it sees my...
I’d get a couple hundred more bags of popcorn if I were you… enough to hold you over until next summer ;)
This is my first roadside elm score, and the first that was 100% healthy with no tracks from elm bark beetles. I spotted it over the weekend a...
Hopefully this doesn’t cross the line… I’m just poking fun :) [ATTACH]
I know the variety you’re talking about… black cottonwood. The native range runs as far north as parts of coastal Alaska.
Dries fast, burns faster. Not bad if you're home and don't mind reloading the stove often. I only scrounged one log of it 2 summers ago, but...
As fall approaches, run-ins like this will happen more frequently. So far this year, I haven't seen a bear in my neighborhood yet. WATCH: Bear In...
You’re absolutely right, neighbor enabler from over the border :)