:popcorn:
Hickory in general has a short "shelf life" once cut or down. Off the ground it will last a bit longer. I scored a hickory blowover that was...
You are correct. He stood them on end and backfilled with twigs limbs and leaves. S'pose I could really sweet talk him if I had too. Had I...
Lazy is such a harsh word. I prefer motivationally impaired. :sleeping: :D
Half cord load of dead white oak splits. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Customer is a boat builder and has the coolest shed. Built around trees and with a...
More of a novelty score here. Seldom mentioned but great firewood and rarely grows big enough to be worthwhile to hoard in quantity. Part of my...
We've only seen one at the feeder and I'm convinced I had one buzz by my head recently.
Worst case scenario is the FHC takes up a collection to send ya back to lumberjack school! :saw: :rofl: :lol: Dont feel bad Joe, my last...
I checked the lone beech at storage and very healthy. Leafing out with no signs of disease. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The ones just into my...
Life has its priorities. Looking forward to following your progress.
Ive seen healthy BL snapped off at ground level from storm damage. IMO I think it'd be too brittle. Driving tool...hammer, sledge etc maybe...
Yeah those BL smalls are sweet. Nice job on the improvised sawbuck. Great cool day for it too.
I did see them but wasn't sure if that was your place or not. I have make pallets from reclaimed trex in the past. HEAVY stuff!
The younger generation (minimalists as I call them) don't often do. May need to space framing closer if used as a pad type deck.
Great grab Ron. You gonna make some pallets? That stuff has a lot of flex as I've learned.
C'mon up and bring the 394. May need the 42" bar to take her down. I've only felled a tree once with the 36" bar and it was a full canopy dead...
I noticed a couple small beeches in the woods at my oak cut yesterday and they looked sad. I also noticed this one next to my landlords house...
oh and it gets better. They guy approaches me yesterday and says if I want the rest of the standing spar I can cut it down and take it.
PITA moving them to complete cut and I question my "intelligence" about moving them up the hill. Even though he was fine with it I was reluctant...
I know a "kid" like that. Doesnt do it anymore. Got a full time job at an OPE dealer. Buys dirt cheap and flips them. I bought a few saws from...