The aforementioned black birch I got recently. It’s hard to tell now but when I first cut it, the heart wood was darker. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here’s...
Any chance it’s black birch? Wintergreen smell at all? I got some a couple months ago that looked very similar; I know there’s a lot of variation...
Tomatoes are really taking off fast now. [ATTACH] The peppers which germinated a week and a half later are starting to really get established....
I’ve successfully germinated 3 year old hot pepper seeds before, just ended up with a lower germination rate. What I found was that it could take...
I'd love to get into it myself. There's a lot of buried history out there waiting to be found, especially in my area. I follow a couple guys on...
Drizzling out at the moment and 44 degrees. Supposed to be unpleasant and wet all day today but drying out and around 50 tomorrow. Burning a small...
Thanks for the offer but I'm quickly running out of suitable planting space in my yard between the osage, black locust, oaks, walnuts and...
I agree it does look like BL from here.
You’re running a little more efficient than I am. Mine goes from either rounds or short logs in my truck, to processing in my backyard, stacked...
When I lived in Florida I remember talking to a guy from northern Georgia who referred to Kentucky/West Virginia/Virginia folks as southern...
Good to hear a positive review of it. My thoughts are there are plenty of people that burn it across a wide swath of the country, so if I ever...
Strange but I'm conflicted as to which I like more ~ the Kimbers or the coffee table they're sitting on :loco: :crazy:
I’ll tell you what gave me some hope, when that “nobody” trucker in South Jersey scored a win. We need more of that from coast to coast. I won’t...
I wish it were as simple as a vote.
Hmmm. If it were mine and I left it in the round, 3-4 years. If I halved it, 2 years.
I have one growing in my stove room right now. All I did was plant it in a pot about a quarter inch down and kept it watered. It's a few weeks old...
I hear you there. Usually I let the furnace kick on if it's upper 40s outside, but I might make exceptions this year. I still have 3/8 tank of oil...
A dreary 43° and raining. Silver maple in the stove this morning.
A few weeks back I bought some medjool dates. For laughs I planted 3 pits in a pot in my stove room. All 3 sprouted and the time came to cull the...
Update. Shoulder season is winding down fast here in central Connecticut. If I had to guess, I’m down to my last dozen or so fires before letting...