Well I feel like a complete moron. :picard: The tree started budding, but none of the grafts did. I checked on one of the trees I took the scion...
Gotta love a nice Stihl parts washer :dex:
Lol just the grow lights from my seed starting rack. :rofl: :lol:
I love seeing the old trials/enduro bikes. :yes: My uncle who has an affinity for uncommon bikes has a small collection of Bultaco Alpinas and...
48/70 climbing to the upper 60s today. No fire this morning and the heat hasn’t kicked on either :yes:
I really like the stuff as shoulder wood. Easy to process, dries fast and burns hot. So much so that it’ll burn down coal beds when they start...
I’ve been burning a lot of ash for the last week or two. It’s well known that ash leaves a lot of…. ASH. I stirred it up this evening and noticed...
They don’t drop much cleaner than that. Beautiful straight trunk too. Are you getting the top for firewood?
Season’s not over yet. 35/72 ash and silver maple.
Agreed. I’ve only got 2 seasons of BL burning under my belt, but was thoroughly impressed with the dead/down/barkless after a summer’s drying. I...
The last few weeks before the weather breaks for good always drag on. I’m on the fence about bringing in more wood, making more kindling, etc....
I dunno. If I lived at high altitudes surrounded by nothing but conifers, I’d take the hour long drive down to the city for BL. I’d also plan...
I should’ve kept track of how much I was adding to the pile. No idea how much is in there at this point. A lot of wood is all I know :) I still...
Late start this morning. Temperature is now at 40 with ash and silver maple rolling the flames.
Hydro… full throttle… flushed out the gas beforehand and topped it off with CAM2 race fuel :D
Now there’s a thought. A man with vision like yours should have such a trophy. I’ll drag it out of the muck if you want it ;)
In keeping with my “little more organization, a little bit at a time” theme, I started moving one of my white pine stacks from March 2021....
The universe has a funny sense of humor. I’m convinced the only mulberry I’ll ever get around these parts are little sticks :hair: So…. I’ve been...
Someone’s got a CNC router and knows how to use it :thumbs:
If you get underneath the bark into the cambium layer that’s when you’ll start to smell wintergreen. It’s throughout the wood though.