The thought has crossed my mind, yes. I have a small truck though and and can easily point out that the large roadside piles didn’t originate from...
I don’t think Bradford pear. Smells like some kind of fruit or nut tree but I can’t place it. It’s obviously a fast grower. Split very easily by...
I was taunted again today by the ever elusive mulberry. There’s a spot I check periodically for illegal dumping. City property, signs up all over...
Excellent grab at the perfect price :thumbs: That box doesn’t even look that old! A lot of my own toolbox is an assortment of craftsman, Stanley,...
Looks good Brad; great repurpose of free materials. :thumbs: I've got a similar one built from pallets that has worked out great for a couple...
Thanks for posting that link. I've got that on the edge of my yard too :hair: I've been cutting it back for a while but didn't know it was...
I’m battling both burning bush and oriental bittersweet in my yard. When I moved in, I found a couple bittersweet vines that were 3-4” diameter...
At least honeylocust is native to a large swath of the country. Bradford pear and its sibling tree ambiguously named Cleveland Select should never...
68 and still climbing up towards 80 later, followed by thunderstorms and then a cool down. I took a walk in the sun on lunch and one thing's for...
My younger son helped quite a bit handing me wood from the wheelbarrow so I could add it to the pile. My older one wasn't interested much in it...
It definitely saved space, without a doubt. Prior to all the conifer being in holzhausen form, it was in 2 long rows taking up a much larger...
Ouch man! As bad as that was, I’m glad it wasn’t worse o_O You could have easily lost your entire thumb. (Try) to take it easy and rest up. I’ve...
2nd and final holzhausen is built. This one is a mix of white pine and spruce. Now to find some decent top covers. [ATTACH]
Not into working hard for white pine? :rofl: :lol:
It's a shame to see such a nice stand of straight trees come down, but hey, you're the right man for the job :thumbs:
It was 40 when I got up this morning and I was on the fence about lighting the stove. The bone dry spruce on the hearth was too easy to pass up...
For a score that had already been picked over, you still made out really well :yes: Great that he's dropping more soon and you'll get to have...
The kind of person that would jump on that deal is the same type that buys the $10 bundles from Big Box Orange. I'll bet they'd be tickled pink...
They're not even trying to hide it anymore. [ATTACH]
Good. Bradford pear is a nasty one from Asia that spreads fast from the birds that eat them. I find them more and more in natural areas....