41° and another mixed load of silver maple and dead/barkless elm skinnies. It should warm up another 10° by this afternoon.
Is that English Oak, white oak family? We have some of that growing here sporadically and I wouldn’t hesitate to try it someday if one ever came down.
Split it into thin board-like splits, top covered, good airflow and as much sun as possible. According to some, it takes a year per inch to dry,...
Up next: black locust :thumbs: Sunday night I heated up a cup of water to just under boiling. Tossed the seeds in there and let it cool off and...
The biggest influence on me to start a 401k were my older coworkers. I remember being told explicitly that the earlier I started, the better off...
I'm convinced they sit at these massive round table meetings that go something like this: All this fiat money printing has increased cash flow,...
That's a nice upgrade from a small pancake compressor :thumbs:
As someone who's been contributing to a 401k since early adulthood, and fortunate enough to be vested into a pension plan on top of that, the idea...
Why do I even bother adding to my 401k anymore? :rofl: :lol:
43° and raining here and upper 40s for later on. I'm happy it's not the snow that was predicted for some not too far north of me. Elm, silver...
I was trying to make a fruit cocktail tree. I knew I should’ve quit once the pineapple graft failed :)
Nice to get the hazards removed and have the inventory grow a bit. I wonder if the Sri Lankans didn't work directly for the guy that quoted the...
Hey MAF143, great thread. I'm curious as to how your black walnut grove is doing two years out? I have over a dozen nuts in protected pots now,...
It’s a hair above freezing at 33 this morning. Another mixed load of silver maple and ash, with a couple barkless elm skinnies thrown in for good...
It’s not too often you find a bear perched high in an old wolf tree :thumbs:
I have a similar system to yours. Splitter trash is my favorite because it’s a byproduct that I don’t have to intentionally make. Along those same...
Hitting a soda can at 25 yards using a pellet gun with a scope is fun. Taking the same shot with a Red Ryder and hitting the target is real...
That hedge must last a LONG time at those temperatures :thumbs:
Bright, sunny and 38 outside. Pleasant and 72 inside with silver maple and ash up to bat. Happy Easter everyone :)
Not oak, I don’t think. It reminded me a lot of the Mimosa tree I got a couple years back, but the bark is different. I’m guessing some ornamental...