Nothing wrong with that. I have just as much fun catching bluegill, perch and pumpkinseed as I do trout, catfish or largemouth bass. :thumbs:
Currently 53 rising to 60 later on. No fire but I have the firebox loaded with red maple shorties, paper and kindling for the next burn. I like...
I’ve fished black pond a few times and have seen the cliffs there but haven’t gone to the top yet. I went up Mt. Higby a lot as a kid and went up...
Today I took a hike with my 10 year old to explore a section of the Metacomet Ridge, which runs from Long Island Sound to just south of Vermont....
Looking great! Split that cedar into kindling and it’ll get that locust rolling in a hurry :thumbs:
Today I took a hike up a section of a local ridge that I’ve never been on before. I ended up coming across a large grove of these trees that I’ve...
39° burning mostly silver maple shorties with a couple chunks of red maple mixed in.
This is the time of year that’s easiest to spot them. Full of flowers and they have that too perfect unnatural pyramid form. I see them all along...
Stupid question: Any chance that’s a homemade anvil? Almost looks like it was made from a section of railroad iron. I know, wrong type of metal,...
That's some high density planting :thumbs: Were all those acorns intentionally planted or did the squirrels forget about a huge cache of them?
$50 is one heck of a deal. I've had mine since 2011 and it's cut a LOT of wood since then. For something that I picked up quick at Home Depot,...
100% black locust :yes:
It was 32° when I got up at 4:30 this morning, and has since risen to 35°. Silver maple and barkless elm skinnies got the house nice and toasty...
Nice trout! :thumbs: You just had to post that, huh?! Are those stocked? I got my trout stamp for this year but haven’t gone out yet. I do believe...
Agreed. The last load I got had a few pieces colored similar though. Might have been the beginnings of rot. The bark in the OP’s pictures...
In my younger days I remember going to work one day in a particularly stellar mood. New GF, had life by the you-know-what and was on cloud 9...
Women have a term for this. “Resting b!tch face” We must be cut from the same cloth. I used to get that all the time from my current boss until he...
Looks a lot like silver maple. Was it hard to split?
Tricky felling job (and above my skill level) :) Is this a black oak?
My experience with fresh cut oak is some of it will be fairly dry after a year, some of it not so much. The stuff higher up off the ground and...