When I sister more 2x6’s to the beam(s), I want to overlap the joints of the existing ones, correct? I think I have enough extra laying around to...
Not much pitch at all. 1/12 :whistle: I have about the same on the run for my chicken coop and it sheds water alright. I wanted more pitch but...
She’d rather see me inside scrubbing toilet bowls, but whatever ;) I feel good enough about my daily contributions to the inside chores. I’ve...
I think that’s exactly what I’m going to do. Anchor it down in a few spots. I’ve got plenty of extra lumber to do it. Lord knows I can’t drive by...
Front/rear posts and headers are up, with temporary 10’ long bracing spanning between front and back. Tomorrow I’ll start making gussets. I got a...
Just gravity. The 1/2” bolts sunk into the piers will keep the posts from moving side to side. The entire roof structure is going to be 12’ X 36’,...
I’ve been wanting to build something over my firewood for a couple years now. I’m tired of playing the tarp game, and especially the way it looks....
I’m not too keen on doing a full-on build thread, but we’ll see. As of today the concrete piers are poured. Each one has a 1/2-13 grade 8 zinc...
And now the big work… processing. :) What’ll become of that area now that you’ve opened it up a bit? Or were you just selectively thinning it out?
I’d be a black walnut growing in the middle of an open field. Any young sapling that gets too close stressing me out will get a shot of juglone,...
Just the yellow, that I’m aware of. It’s a little more faint than black birch but it’s there. White and gray birch don’t have that scent; I’m not...
37 with a full load of silver maple going in the Lopi. I’m playing hooky today and tomorrow, so that I can work on my woodshed. :)
When you split it, give it a sniff. If it smells sweet like cherry, it’s obvious cherry. If it’s got a wintergreen smell, it’s yellow birch....
A raw 48 and very windy. I’ll be waking up to the mid 30s tomorrow, and every day thereafter until Sunday :hair: Red/silver maple rolling the...
Any chance that cherry is a yellow birch? Even if that’s the case, that’s a fantastic score! I took one down here in November: One big birch
Nice retrieve on the red maple EODMSgt :yes: As someone who also gets his firewood a little at a time, I can appreciate a nice (and free) straight...
It’s 52 and rainy here. The house was at 68 but felt much colder. I decided to light the red maple that was ready to go in advance. My stove room...
Prime example of why NOT to plant Bradford pears/Cleveland select. 25 years ago this was an open field that I used to ride my dirt bike in. It’s...
Black locust sawdust stuck to the saw? That’s trafficking wood over state lines! I’m calling every acronym agency I know to put an end to this...
In my early days I'd be all over that. Wow, FREE! :picard: In modern well-stocked wood snob times I wouldn't even waste the fuel in my saw trying...