It’s worth mentioning that there are people holding public office on both sides of the aisle that are invested heavily in Exxon Mobil, Chevron,...
I’ll count myself as fortunate? I just got a 3% raise which covers 1/3 of the cost of year over year inflation… :jaw: The irony here is who this...
Gray and 54. The house felt chilly so another fire for tonight; just some silver maple shorties. This *might* be the last one of the season but I...
That's the plan. Funny I never noticed the little diamond and had to actually look at a tape measure just now, then Google its significance. :emb:...
I have to get my lateral braces on the back side before setting the rafters. I figure there's a couple days there of working on it a little at a...
I would call those two kissing cousins :whistle: Can't say I've ever seen 2 separate oak varieties grown so close together before. Kind of reminds...
Thanks eatonpcat :handshake: Rumor has it you're an experienced structural guy. Do the upright posts look stout enough to you? Before I even...
You friggin’ guys burning wood when it’s 50 something degrees out… pffft! All you’re doing is making me miss having a fire. :) So I just got...
As buZZsaw BRAD can attest, I’m about 3’1” so the only thing I have to worry about hitting my head on is the kitchen table :D
Lateral braces are done on the front, but I’m calling it quits for the day. Heading out to do some stuff with my kids. I’ll pick back up a little...
Eastern Red Cedar :drool: Considering the project I’m working on right now, those cedar poles look awesome. If I were you I would’ve scarfed them...
Haha :handshake: I can make a milling machine hum and a lathe sing, but this type of work is really stretching me to my limits.
Started on the 45 degree lateral supports. Made an upper and lower horizontal cut with my hand saw, then hammered and chiseled a somewhat flat...
Got the posts flush notched (that’s what I’m calling it :)) for the Simpson steel brackets. Brackets installed, and the beams are doubled up with...
I thought of that too. It would at least give it a broader surface to sit on and wouldn’t settle over time/snow load. After I mark the beams where...
Here’s a greenhorn question ~ with a 1/12 pitch roof on this quick and dirty project, would you even bother cutting a bird’s mouth into the rafters?
I dug up all the spare hardware I had kicking around that was left over from when I built my deck in 2020. Looks like I have enough hurricane ties...
I originally wanted just a tin roof but can’t find any used panels anywhere. I’d rather not waste my money on the corrugated plastic ones either,...
Thanks for the input. I just looked up rolled roofing and you weren’t kidding. MUCH cheaper. Average $35-$45 for a 3 foot wide x 36’ roll. Looks...
Sorry, I mistyped 2x12 earlier. I MEANT 2x6. Like you said, 2x12 isn’t cheap and would defeat my budget goals. I’m gonna have to stick with the...