winner winner chicken dinner Kentucky Coffeetree! :makeitrain"
I like Red Oak for ease of splitting and how clean it splits which means I can stack more and the stacks are more stable. The neatness and...
Siberian elm has leaves sorta in the ballpark, but it’s not elm.
Looking forward to the after beer 30 guesses
Lol
Not in the Juglandaceae family
Not a cherry. I’ll give the late afternoon crowd a shot at it before I give up another hint.
I put in a call to my buddy about your specific question. I’ll post up an answer when I hear back from him.
I’m confident someone on here is going to get it straight away, because they were planted all over their state.
I’m not the expert, my friend is. From what I understand about my splitter is the speed comes from a higher hp engine and smaller cylinder. The...
It is not a Hickory and I didn’t count the # of leaflets. Wood looks pretty sweet though. It is dense yet light
Ok another hint. Apparently it was used extensively in the past as a street tree.
I checked and it is not in the Junglandaceae family. Thank for playing though!
It’s got a compound leaf, so we know it’s got to be good. ;) [ATTACH] Bark [ATTACH] Wood looks like a winner [ATTACH] I got a decent load so...
My experience is that when the chain slacks it’s probably time to stop and sharpen. At a minimum stop and tighten the chain, before it gets thrown...
Weeping Willow is not a compound leaf.
Just spitballing, but several would need to have extra wood strength to compensate for fruit and nut weight.
Bark looks like Hawthorn to me. Douglas or Black Hawthorn? Leaf doesn’t look quite right.
Compound leaf trees are the best except for tree of heaven
I wouldn’t bother with 6 or under maple. I stacked some 8-10” White Oak Monday. Someday it will be some good overnight wood.