Every bw I’ve seen has much darker heartwood That does not look like Black Walnut to me. It should be obvious why it’s a valuable lumber.
I interviewed elsewhere, but couldn’t get same or better $ 2nd wife, kids, mortgages Loved my job and employer, extra good benefits Wife’s job...
On a farm somewhere there is probably a giant bl. I came across some monster sassafras and thought one had to be a state or national champion....
I worked for one for 28yrs. It wore me down to think I might spend the rest of my career with him. 2020 is the year that finally got him....
Sally is darkening my sky. Looks like it will be a saw maintenance day tomorrow.
Linden is a darker green and would probably have bracts.
I’m familiar with Katsura and that id looks correct. Never cut one down, but I have pruned them. Dead limbs snap off easily.
Now that’s a truck load! Definitely going to need a new tractor to process those logs. :thumbs:
Anyone noticed that Stihl Platinum is now clear? My employer buys it not me. Just a bar oil observation and it’s always in stock if you want to...
The catharsis of staring at the fire. :eek:
Yeah it’s weird. I look forward to first fire and usually my wife is bugging me for heat a few weeks prior. By February I’m sooo done with it and...
Can’t have nothing nice
Looks like ash or hickory bark to me, but hopefully it turns out to be bl. It’s good wood anyway I look at it.
Nice! I scouted out my next 3 loads just before lunch. Some Hickory, Black Oak and Southern Red Oak. I saw a bunch of Locust seedlings, but...
Yessir, I got my hoodie on this morning, so I gotta get on the roof Saturday to clean chimneys and get the basement loaded.
When tossing a stick into the fire I sometimes remember when I cut the tree down, or split it. It is rare that I get black locust, so when I come...
Sorry thebierguy for turning this into a tractor info gathering thread.
Anyone have experience with Mahindra? Does Kioti cost less than Kobota and mahindra? I did some internet pricing on the 3 manufacturers...
what’s the difference between the nx and dk series?
sirbuildalot what model is your kioti? Hp? $? My friend had a 30hp kubota and moved to 50hp. Said he should have got 50 to begin with.