Oak: white, northern and so red, chestnut, post, willow, shumard, black, scarlet Red and Sugar maple American and European hornbeam Pignut...
Mockernut madness! im starting to feel like I have busted the 5yr mark. Onwards to 10 [ATTACH] The wood has a pink tint to it [ATTACH]
There is distinct serration and veins on the leaves.
Maybe Pignut Hickory.
Nice score. The roadside log looks like Willow Oak. It’s got smooth bark when young.
Along my driveway is a decent size So. Red Oak that’s dead. I already have enough log piles to do, so this may be a spring project. Bark is...
This is a big Black Oak in my front yard. Black Oaks are the ones with the biggest leaves and the bark is blackish. Pretty big acorns too. In the...
Close enough, opaca is a parent. This naturally occurring hybrid was discovered growing in the wild in Florida in 1924. Going to need something...
Mini scrounge today. Can you name the genus? species? I never knew this stuff had good BTU’s! I’ve chipped and trashed so much of this wood over...
Snap crackle pop fly
Post Oak
Bark is wrong for Black Oak, but maybe Minnesota wind chill does something funky to it. Some Oaks are hard to distinguish. I’ve been told they are...
Is it in the woods? Minnesota is outside the native range of Chestnut Oak. I agree the bark is similar and wood is pretty like chestnut oak.
Tbh when I first looked at it and looked at again I was thinking it’s a bigger tree of heaven. I call them Copels, because that’s what the country...
I found a rack of blackgum. It was a surprise because I thought everything left in that area was Oak. It’s my oldest wood, so there could be more...
That big hausen is a work of art, I’d never burn it. I had cords of stacked wood fall over and into the neighbors yard, so I had to clean it up...
I use a 36” light bar on a 460. Never looked at the recommended max bar length. It cuts good and is easier to handle than an 084 with a standard...
House has been cold for days, so I fixed that tonight. At this time of year the sun never heats my house. The house across the street which is in...
Sap wood on red and white can deteriorate pretty quick but there is normally a heart of gold.
I think it would be a risk to your trees. Pretty sure there are quarantines on ash.