When a Beer was named Red Oak, I said clearly they are people who have never smelled red oak.
In NC it is invasive. My neighbors have them, so I have pears sprouting everywhere.
Red Oak, especially if there is wet wood/decay in it can stink up the neighborhood.
Hopefully you will get a Bojangles and Popeyes someday.
My first thought was Bradford Pear
Did lightning cook the top?
I would also add I have had a log dropped off that I thought was red oak until I cut it up. It was 50’ of Blackgum. What a nightmare splitting...
I agree that first pic looks like sugar bark and wood and 2nd is ? Old Red Maple can have bark like that as well as Silver. Been ages since I cut...
90% of my wood is white and red Oak and I can’t imagine splitting White by hand as strong and fibrous as it is. My clutch is slippin just thinking...
Yes you can use a bigger file To grind back the damage. A file roller will help you not get too deep in the gullet.
Nah, wood roaches and spider webs around the hearth is part of wood burning season for us. I am hoping none of the skunks try to hang on.
I use a 201t not mtronic and it’s been a great saw. It’s my 2nd and have not had a problem or dislike with them. I don’t even think about the 200t...
Leaves on Dogwoods are turning with some drop, Poplars are dumping more than usual and acorns are bouncing and rolling down my roof, but it’s...
Big Cherry
Never had one, but it looks like something that could make my life easier for pulling rounds to the splitter. Short and long. Thanks for tip! I’ve...
When it comes to heating your house a pro saw pays for itself every winter, especially if you have a $ sucking heat pump like me. I’m a firm...
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like I should just get 1 or 2 more cheap ones.
Do y’all use them? Do you have a size and brand preference? Any that work amazingly well? I have this Sonyabecca 5 blade. It moves a little air,...
We could stay warm and make a few dollars if it happened. :banana:
I read that CenturyLink had nationwide connection issues. They are claiming issue has been resolved, but some are still having issues.