Yep light the stove when you need it, never had the outside temp cause smoke to come back in the house, slower to start but no smoke in house.
I think sunlight helps but not sure to what extent, in a barn with good ventilation would be good because the temp would be a little higher then...
Seasoned is kind of a funky term even though it is accepted by many, you could have logs laying around for years and it would be seasoned but not dry.
Ahhh more reasons to give thanks.
I kinda like snow early in the year but as winter wears on it becomes a pain especially if we get a lot. Way too early for me (10-21-16) but it...
I dont have any advice for you but that picture is great, gives you a new perspective on what is possible.
Locust Post, that looks like a really great place to hibernate. :thumbs:
Yes indeed they are lower with the Drolet as was the Nashua which I used for 30 years or so, besides the high flue temps the stove (PE) struggled...
Nice post Mike, I have heard enough about the PE stoves to know mine was the exception not the rule and they make a good stove, I do think they...
This is why I dont like forums, I am not bad mouthing PE and never have and never will, I googled the PE complaints years ago for my own...
You must not be looking hard enough, a lot of people had problems with welds and one person has a warped baffle which is a fairly new thread....
You have a problem.:salute::rofl: :lol::thumbs:
Most of the EPA stoves are made that way, non cat anyway, no one else reported having the same issues. Did not make a difference as far as the...
Ding ding ding we have a winner!:headbang:
PE does not have the best record for some of the problems with their stoves, they might tell you you over fired it no matter how much proof you...
That trailer holds a lot of wood, nice setup you have there.
I burnt Oak like that for about 30 years but it was dead and barkless (mute dog?) and never had any sizzlers in the one summer of drying, I am...
That is interesting to say the least, if I remember correctly the T 5 has a different air intake setup then my Summit but what was the problem...
Nothing wrong with Elm what so ever.
The bottom line for me is you dont have to spend that much money for a good stove. My PE did not work and I couldn't get any satisfaction from PE...