That's good advice right there, I never cover my wood until it's dry and will be used in the winter coming up, my wood seems to dry as fast as...
Single digit temps moving in this week so work I guess.:headbang:
Here you go. [MEDIA]
I agree with that statement but he seems to know more than some who think they know a lot. Laying wood at the base of the stove is not an issue,...
So Grizz, have you seen the train building at the Spencer Clay County Fair?
Do you have any thing specific in mind, at my age I need to reduce my inventory of some things.
Well right now I am in the middle of building a table for a new layout but first chance I get I will take some pictures, I have built some old...
My addiction is slot cars, I have a ton of cars track and projects that I wont live long enough to finish.
Had about 18 feet on my Nashua and could start the fire with the door closed.
The chimney sounds like it is a little on the short side for trouble free operation, 14 feet would be marginal for some stoves.
Plain and simple they suck for heating and this has been known for a long long time, always best to do your own research.
Sorry to hear you were hurt, Steelers fan myself, the trick touchdown was cool. The crappy weather skimmed us here but it was close, the wind was...
Can't wait to see it finished, sounds like a heck of a shed for 1900 dollars.
I hear you and respect your knowledge on the subject but under normal operating conditions that should not happen and if I had issues with the...
I guess there is one good reason for my stove not coming up to temp, my baffle looks fine on my piece of furniture Summit.:D
Green Ash is not stringy, unless you had a weird one for some reason, did not grow straight.
Easy there Kimberly, we are a rather delicate species and life is a marathon not a sprint.
Bizarro "The opposite of the real world. Good is evil, round is square, hello is goodbye." Dry wood is wet wood, smoke goes down instead of up and...
This thread is bizarro world for me, a few short years ago I was told I was a fool (paraphrase) for not top covering my wood now it seems like...
I agree that wood rained on will dry out but no way it drys out in 2 days for me especially if it has bark on it.