Looks like Elm me, been a while since I have seen any with bark on but if memory serves me correctly that's what it is.
That is a good question, I reread your first post and it sounds like you shut your stove down all at once which might not be the best way to do...
Nice job, looks like a nice place to spend the winter.
What kind of wood will effect how far you can turn down the air, Poplar would work better then many of the more dense woods, turning it down to...
I don't assume anything when it comes to wood burning and why would you think that. Maybe I should have said when I do that my flue temp is too low.
Wow is all about I can come up with, what a project and you and your family did it justice.
Wood burning is an art not an exact science.
Not if the flue temp is too low which it will be for some stoves on some chimneys, my flue temp would be way too low if I tried that.
Read the wrong post but turning the air all the way down is not good, seems like the flue temp will be too cool after a short period of time no...
Not sure I understand you point, what does that mean "stove will act right stuffed to the tubes"? We are talking about not having enough air for...
The fact he can get Poplar to burn over night tells me he is starving the fire for air does it not?
I agree with the answers here, you cant turn the air down too far as it will cause issues. A "smoke dragon" is a description of the operator not...
What temp do you run your stove pipe at (make sure to mention whether it is surface or probe)? I have a cap very similar to yours and have never...
Apparently human intelligence is going back words these days.
A lot of information online about it, seems like the cold does have an effect on the EAB and will slow down the spread, don't have time to post...
-8 right now with -30 wind chill, and a good time was had by all.:loco: :crazy:
We are going to kill some this weekend.
Snow and wind, -21 wind chill right now with -40 predicated for tonight. Oak for the most part.
Big in some cases did not mean safe, have no idea about your vehicle but some of the smaller vehicles had very good crash ratings that were far...
My Nashua did not have a grate, just firebrick and 2 air intakes in the front door. Sometimes I think the people who think the old stoves were...