I'm betting Mastermind could do a good explanation for ya.....
My wife is a fan of Newsboys, I prefer the old Skool bluegrass stuff myself. I'm just not a fan of contemporary music in general. But the...
Welcome jtstromsburg! Sounds like you have all of your ducks in a row!!
We'll put this one in our cache, Grizzly Adam can do it because I'm not sure where he's putting them.....lol [IMG]
Hey...what's not to love about a hairy guy in a flannel robe wielding a chainsaw? Nevermind.....lol....
Mine are antiques.....1974 Chaparral SSX's. Very advanced sleds in their time, still a blast to run......just not real pretty....lol [ATTACH]
I've done a lot of TIG welding before on aluminum and stainless where I used to work. I had all the training and was ready to certify but the...
Did you ever quench in heated sand before? I was told that works well.
That's the exact inserts he used. I'm thinking he had it in cockeyed or something when he ran it in and crushed the knurled threads when he...
And don't change the venue date for me.......I'll try and make it regardless, even if it's only for one day.
Looking at the calendar, I may not be able to make it that weekend (23rd), pretty sure that's my son's Spring Camporee weekend. I'll look into...
Preheating it with a propane torch or the like does help. I have a guy out the road that does custom street rod grilles, he may be able to TIG it...
I actually have some older Stihl parts that I'd like to have welded, does he do repairs on the magnesium handles and such?
Let me break it apart and see what we can figure out! I'll be in touch guys!
Trust me, I'd love to have new modern ones. But that's why I have old sleds. Very little money invested and they can sit for several years...
This saw actually has some sentimental meaning to me. I've cut some real monsters down with her....lol. I don't think I could part with it. But...
I can get you some pics of the hole tomorrow. The cylinder is worth saving. How much are you thinking it would cost?
I considered having the hole TIG'd, but was wondering if it can be done without disfiguring the cylinder. The scoring isn't too bad, it's got...
I'd honestly like to stay under 100 bucks....lol. just bought an OEM handle/tank assembly that was like brand new, as well as the big airfilter mount.
I tried a helical on the stripped out spark plug hole last week....and it failed. It's leaking compression around the helicoil. The small engine...