Welcome to the site, Mrs.Muffinhead! Glad to have you along for the ride, I'm sure you know what a colorful character your old man is already!!!
I'm really tempted to build something like this. Now to find a donor golf cart!!
Modified a couple pics with the new SuperPhoto app, looks like a watercolor painting! [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
the stones aren't real heavy individually, on average they are 1-1.5" thick. They are a bit heavier than man made veneer..... As for grout, I...
we top cover the wood we plan on using in a season the spring before we use it...... in other words, I let it exposed for a year or two, then the...
I did some milling last weekend up at scout camp.....some beautiful ash. and there's lots more of it, two MASSIVE trees, that I plan on doing...
That wood is gorgeous. think of the possibilities!!
I'll probably do that, if and when the time comes to replace them. Use some metal lath for structure....
They are cast refractories, made from firebrick material.....so you're probably right.....I may have mis-understood your question. LOL.. the...
after a good cleaning and installing the 300lb hand-hewn pine mantel, you can't even hardly tell that the fireplace was just built. Has the feel...
it's a ZC fireplace, not an insert.....lol.... and yes, it has removable refractory bricks in it....
[ATTACH] after the archway was done, it was time to run with it again.....filling in the puzzle..... Day..... [ATTACH] after day.... [ATTACH]...
Okay, after a long delay, it's time to pick back up on the project......lol Hanging the stone was, IMO, my favorite part of the whole job. It...
shamefully, not yet. I still have to fabricate a filter/blower box to pull the heat and distribute it through three different rooms. Hoping to...
I don't own an RV. I wish I did!! Lol I enjoy tent camping. And if you're OK with that, I'll be fine staying in a tent at your place........
Oh yeah!
This Is true!! ^^^^^^^^^
I love those little buggers...... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Maybe i,can meet up with you Jesse, that'd save me from packing a tent.....
Pick a couple for me to take down buddy, I'll bring my gear....