Looks good Mike :thumbs: I think it's a fair estimation to call that woodyard Nirvana. I know when I'm outside looking at mine, especially when...
LOL I've thought about it as I've worked with these guys for 22 years... :whistle: I'll need a cant hook next time I'm bucking rounds from this...
This was on River Road, same backroad we cut the BL on in January 2021. This past winter/spring, a tree crew came in and pushed back the wood line...
I came across this and found it interesting. This is a little background to the shelter belts in the Midwest. As a native New Englander, I take...
Sirchopsalot that’s my 7 year old in the truck. When he’s in the mood he’ll help me out moving wood all afternoon. Today, not so much :) But he’s...
Yeah I’d say 95% solid. Some trunk sections were starting to get spalted, but not soft yet. Another 6 months on the ground and I won’t want it....
It ended up being the perfect amount fill out the rest of this not-quite-a-cord stack. The back half is all sugar maple from June, the bottom half...
Every little bit helps. There’s a few days of heat here :yes: [ATTACH]
I’ve been driving by this small score of black birch since January. It’s obviously not going anywhere, so today I decided to help it along. Not...
You know how Berkeley has always been a bastion of right wing conspiracy theory? Look what these nut jobs put out in 2010. Pesticide atrazine can...
That easily takes the cake for the largest Osage orange tree I’ve ever seen… :drool: Even from my limited experience with it I KNOW that’s some...
You could’ve messed with him a bit, explaining it was an old foreign machine and that the guy who stamped it must’ve been dyslexic and meant to...
I learned something new recently and for some reason remembered this tree and post from 2 years ago :loco: :crazy: For anyone interested, this is...
Is that one of those overgrown silver maple yard trees?
I can't ever remember seeing this before, but then again I can't ever remember everything. :picard:The town where I live had torrential downpours...
If I've got a large pile of rounds to process, to me it's worth firing up my splitter. Or if it's all large diameter rounds, I'll set my splitter...
[ATTACH]
Doh :headbang: I’ve seen Brad’s storage area in person and in his defense, the water table is very high there. His little corner of the lot is...
There you go, nice haul. Great way to get ahead on inventory :yes: Sometimes I wish I could go that route rather than my truck load here, truck...
Bummer about your log arch. At least the welds held up better than the parent material. Having seen some of your work, I know you'll come up with...