If I could somehow reason it out in my own head that the current mess isn't intentional, then I could be more hopeful. Alas, I am not that guy....
Teenage Mutant Ninja
I hope it’s not one of Ed Gein’s creations :whistle: Is it Nutria?
Nice little maple/black locust score in Pawling New York: Fire wood Fire wood - free stuff
Not yet here either. I've only seen it once "in the wild" in CT.
My wife did the grocery shopping during the day today. She said a lot of the shelves were barren of bottled juice and my kids’ favorite, capri...
Beautiful stuff right there :thumbs: Is that a hackberry log I spy in the second picture?
Once things fall far enough into disarray, we'll be begging for order. They'll be happy to give it to us too.
:whistle: [ATTACH]
For years I couldn’t buy that in Connecticut. At this point I don’t remember why either. Then the day came when it was finally “imported” here....
If you end up putting up a run attached to the coop, go with the 1/2 square hardware cloth and not the chicken wire with hexagonal holes. Rats can...
They're selectively bred that way, as I understand it. Most are infertile and won't even produce seed pods. There's a couple thornless ones in my...
Better to get a little bit of Ash like that than a whole LOT of cottonwood!
Some guys have all the luck ;) As far as I know, the eastern native range for the wild thorny kind only stretches into Pennsylvania and parts of...
This is in New Hampshire?
But it's HIGHLY VALUABLE! Probably fetch somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000/bf. A single stick of kindling could get your kid's college fund...
That’s got to be the straightest mulberry I’ve ever seen. Around here they grow twisted and gnarled, with branches forking off every which way....
I see Sid in the Rorschach test [ATTACH]
I know cottonwood has been milled before by somebody out there. Probably just a boring looking grain. I’ll bet it takes paint or stain well though.
I have to laugh when I’m in Home Depot passing by the poplar boards. They sell for a small fortune. Those trees do make good lumber for the right...