Magnets work great for cleanup until you're working with 300 series stainless steel (or aluminum):hair:
They like chestnuts more than acorns or walnuts. I had Chinese chestnuts in one of my outdoor pots over the winter that didn’t make it. They...
I keep a 2 foot high cage on that raised bed. 1/2 square hardware cloth has worked so far. I read sometimes critters will tunnel in there from...
I swear I must be frequenting the same exact drop zones all over town as the illegal mulberry dumping baron is. One more orange stick for the...
Time for a 2 and a half month seedling update. These little guys are taking off fast now. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] If destiny is a real thing, I’d...
I’m leaning towards Mulberry or possibly it’s cousin the Osage Orange. I think Chvymn99 might have a better idea than I do.
Unfortunately like it or not, people that are addicted to drugs (no matter how it happened- prescribed pain management drug use that spiraled out...
We have 2 species of aspen here: quaking (trembling) aspen and bigtooth aspen. It's my understanding that the kind you have in Colorado is the...
For better or worse, we are one interconnected civilization. All I know for sure is that at no time during the last couple years, have I thought...
“This is one way to help keep people safe and to actually help people get into treatment.” It might prevent an opioid overdose death if the user...
Popple (aspen) are prolific root sprouters. Here's a famous stand of them out in Utah, considered to be one singular organism. They're all clones...
This one was up on my deck too. That sad thing is I chose to plant black walnuts specifically FOR the squirrels. Because that’s who I am. At first...
Thus ended the 2022 black walnut experiment. This is how you turn a conservationist like myself into a cold blooded killer. What chomps off a tree...
I've been saving seeds of varieties I like for years. I really like Mortgage Lifters for the size, and black cherry for the flavor. This site has...
I must be doing something wrong. All this talk about black locust spreading like weeds popping up everywhere and I can't seem to get any...
More orange sticks to tease me. At this rate I might have a face cord of mulberry by winter :hair: I found these dumped illegally over a bank on...
90 in central Connecticut and dropping slowly. Only burning myself here:picard:Just got done mowing the lawn and weed whacking. Picked up most of...
Oh I'm acutely aware. Whenever I'm riding I assume nobody sees me and more often than not, I'm right. I also try to avoid congested areas as much...
I feel your pain. A couple months back I started carpooling to work again, with 2 other guys that live in the same town as me. With the 60 mile...
Quick hijack to Brad’s thread. We had torrential rains today and it knocked a couple tulip poplar blooms to the ground. Here are the tree’s...