Hey fellas I just landed a job with a huge hemlock and a huge norway spruce. Around 40" dbh. Maybe we can mill that big hemlock (because I...
Well just as I suspected that storm steered clear of us for the most part, we ended up with barely a dusting.....lmao.
They look fantastic buddy! Nothing better than handcrafted goodies made from your own harvested material!
They started out calling for 6-8" here....it's all the way down to 1-3" now. I'm not getting my hopes up. Being I'm off of work for Presidents...
o_O:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::emb:
That sounds alot like my wife and I!
I knew my wife long before we got together, but her being several years younger than me, I really didn't pay attention to her when we were...
Yeah, I guess I should have said heels....lol You know what I mean. Especially if you climbed poles! ;)
We've had both of ours cranking too.....I'm letting them die down so I can clean them both out here this afternoon. House is currently a balmy 82°!!
I've been in and out of consciousness all afternoon.......lol
I find that some ash in the stove helps it perform better. It insulates coals and keeps them longer. In the Napoleon 1900 I sift the coals put...
I have some.......I'll try to wear them more often
Yes, I'll have the Alaskan there. We'll have the antique Frick mill running too..
If I get any big pines or poplars I'll try to bring some logs out...
It WAS frozen solid. The gaffs had a hard time penetrating the tree. The wood cut ok, but that frozen wood is kinda hard on the chain....
Yes ma'am. That's me..... [ATTACH] It's not that bad once you learn the techniques, but you always gotta be on your toes!
We did a decent sized Norway maple removal today, single digits most of the day with a howling wind..... I love cutting in the cold too, but that...
We braved the extreme wind and cold today and did a Norway maple removal. Man was it cold! With temps hovering in the low single digits and the...
Hey Chris, didn't you have a big pine that needs to come down? Would the logs off of that work for the big saw stuff?
If I get any big pine or poplar between now and then I'll save some sticks for the GTG.