Stoves are like a big magnet for ladies and pets.
Wow, still quite a beast.
How many pounds can you take off the stove by removing some parts?
I made a piping hot chicken stew for dinner with rolls. The stock was made in a pressure cooker with carrots celery and onion. [ATTACH]
I just got off the roof for the fall roof inspection and chimney cleaning. I found that rodents chewed the lead reglet flashing on both...
Here is the link. They do open hearth cooking during the event. It takes you back to a simpler, non-commercialized holiday feel. A great...
We went a few years ago and really enjoyed it. A great collection of classic New England structures. We are due for a return trip someday. Have...
I throw some in a shrimp dip recipe. It adds a nice little kick to it. Good on baked beans too.
The glass was a bit to one side and barely catching the gasket on the other side. This stove must have been running erratic with the gasket...
I even made time to tear down my brothers snow blower engine to replace the head gasket. It had a loose bolt at the under the OHV cover that you...
Quick pic . The glass gasket was not cemented in place. It was falling out, and a few spots had air leaks as there was some crusty buildup along...
I learned to cook consistently good food.
I had to run a few errands today. First up was a stop to the local hearth store to get an outlet collar for my F3, and new gaskets for the...
Sure, great memories. My dad had a Jotul 602 in the mid 1970's. Oil embargo times. He had smaller logs delivered by the truckload and we hauled...
Just ordered my 2 mugs and a shirt. First class guys, first class... I mean you and not the shipping. :rofl: :lol:
Do you know what species they are? The silver boards around here are usually oak or beech.
Looking good Greenstick. I particularly like the coat hook. I also repurpose a thing or two. I'm hoping to make a barn board with rail spikes...
Those are excellent. They are not meant to be perfect, but that is what makes them perfect.
Right at the first cold snap when folks are trying to get back into burning.
I cleaned up the Castine today. This stove was a filthy mess. I went through it with a Sooteater in the firebox, then a wire brush. I sealed up...