I haven't smoked any food in it yet. I'll put that on the short list. I'll make a cherry plank apple wood smoked pork loin with a crock of...
No smoke flavor on pizza either. I run the fire for pizza cooking at the back wall, so the fresh air rushing in goes across the top of the pizza,...
No smoke flavor at all Ray. Most of the coals are raked out and it is just a hot,dry clean smell in the oven if that makes any sense.
Yes, it is the start of fall cooking. The Castine is throwing great heat. Only need two splits at a time. The draft is slow on these low...
It has been about 43 degrees here all day with off and on rain and blustery winds. I fired the oven around 4:00pm using a few pieces of maple...
We were feeling a little under the weather earlier in the week with stuffy noses and being very tired. I noticed the eyes on the two carved...
Never gets old seeing that hearth. Enjoy Chief.
Not a member here I'm sure. Severe smoke spillage. Cash is king.
A smidge of Kahlua.:drool:
One cup will be my coffee mug. The other on my work bench on standby holding loose items.
It is already out here. I wait until Turkey day though.
Egg nog.
Interesting. I pulled the cover off. The bolt that I recalled was in the cover hanging down. It looks like it does not hit the slide at all....
Top vented, up about 23 feet in a flex liner with insulation wrap in an interior brick and terra cotta chimney. Pulls like a vacuum on a warm...
I hope others will benefit from it too. There is not a lot of info out there on the Castine as far as the inner workings. I will replace the flat...
Here the picture of the secondary assembly with the baffle on top. This has to go back in the stove and tilted to get in place and sit up on top...
I picked up a Castine a few weeks ago from a CL ad that needed some attention. I did a thorough clean out of the firebox with a Sooteater and...
All the nice foliage is down now from the wind and rain
It is possibly a learning curve. I Just picked up a F 400 and was previously running a F3. It is a much different stove. The F3 had the...
It'll be seasoned in a half hour in the stove :D