Had a small one this morning. First of season.
Maybe 15 miles Before I retired I used to get a fair amount on my commute on the way home which was 25 miles
my wife would have seen it and wondered if we could go get it
My best results hand splitting elm is when it is partially dry and frozen
I hate doing firewood when its hot, but that always seems to be when friends have storm damage or other firewood to offer and I can't say no.
Small short fires starting in mid to late September
When I cut a tree at home I save everything down to about an inch. Moving brush is my least favorite part of doing wood so I leave as little brush...
I have a 460 Rancher with a 20 inch and an MS 250 with an 18. This combo seems to handle my needs.
Cherry
I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be good and agree with your reasoning. I also go by the plan to take free firewood whenever it is...
I've burned Basswood. Not the best but good for reducing beds of coals, short fires, and mixing with the good stuff. I have some in my yard and am...
In addition to pics, dogs, and BEER, I like guns and tractors
I recently broke the glass in my stove so had to replace the glass and gasket. The difference in heat output was amazing. Maybe its time to change...
I did the straight edge test and it is time for a new bar. Thanks
My chainsaw hasn't been cutting great lately and I wasn't sure if it was the bar or frozen wood.
What are the signs or symptoms that it is time for a new bar?
Same here. We had lots of snow, a 2 day thaw, a quick freeze, and more snow. Net result is ice everywhere hidden by snow.
I recently broke the glass in my CFM. The new glass has a gasket that is attached rather than the fabric gasket with the old one. Wife and I have...
I think you are correct
I have several Basswoods. It looks like Basswood bark and they often grow like yours with 2 or 3 trunks. Not great BTUs but good shoulder season...