This situation is going to get worse and from what I understand it can happen quickly.
It seems on the first snowstorm of the year it is almost always a Jeep Cherokee to be the first one I see in the ditch. I figure somebody got 4...
The term elitist was my second choice of term for this type of buyer. My first choice had negative overtones about a particular side of the...
Since we are obviously talking about marketing to elitists, do you think Made in USA or Imported could demand a higher price?
I would set my thermostat higher than I do now but still heat with wood. I set it at 62 now. I would also not be burning so much during shoulder...
I put fuel mix in the oil tank once
I top tarp my wood as soon as it's stacked. My outside stacks get sun most of the day and the wind blows constantly here. Seems to work.
The 2 ads on Craigslist I've answered worked out good. Good wood, no brush, and in or next to driveway, both 20 minutes away. Unfortunately most...
There are several factors that affect ease of splitting frozen wood such as species and moisture content.
Around here there are an average of about 7700 heating degree days in a season. Today we are at 3105 compared to the average of 3402 for this date.
Yes during the day mixed with whatever comes out of the pile
The power company cut 2 pines down on my property a year and a half ago. I cut them short, split them and threw them in the shorts and uglies pile.
Sometimes when there is low barometric pressure and the fire won't take off I close the draft half way and it gets going better.
I use about 3 cords a year to keep a 1300 sq ft house about 75. The furnace almost never comes on unless it is below zero. We use about 30 gallons...
I stack and mark my wood as to when stacked. I don't separate by species. I usually have 2 sheds and a row or 2 outside at any given time so I can...
I use the plastic cases and use a 4 by 4 against the wheel wells to keep stuff from sliding
I had a 1985 GMC S-15 4 cylinder. I replaced the plugs just because I thought it was time. A couple weeks later it started running like crap. I...
I put a pallet on top of my wood pile then put the tarp on and drape it down the side a few inches. I figure this allows some air to get to the...
I normally don't close mine on my CFM unless it starts to run away, which sometimes happens with a strong NW wind.
I love mine