1/2 the diameter
Mowing in short sleeves a week after a snowfall would be weird.
I have cut a few split trunk pines. Are they big enough that you can make a notch and back cut that is not parallel with the split? Can you cut...
I lived on Beech mountain for awhile and was glad to leave icy switchbacks behind.
Top shelf wood right der.
45 in Camel city tonight, so white oak is burning in the basement. Perfect cutting and splitting weather all weekend.
20 minutes South of Mt Airy on 52 is Pilot Mountain and 20 minutes south of Pilot is where I live.
They look really nice on your stacks.
What degree of angle are you working with? Could you make a platform with some 4X4’s, or shovel out a level strip to place some racks? Is there...
Just the way I like it, wood everywhere!
Water oak final answer!
I had an axe head break off and bounce back into my forehead. I don’t remember what I was trying to split, but it was the last time I used an axe...
Acorns are bombarding my house tonight. All kinds of weird dings off in the distance. Can’t tell if it’s deer crossing the fence, or more acorns....
In the small city I live in the tree debris dumps charge by weight. Some guys that have land around the city charge $25-60 for a wood dump. Some...
I give to United Way every year. Last year I got a voice mail that there was something wrong with my cc info. They sent me a paper bill and I paid...
I call them flathead borers
Looks similar to Willow Oak, but I have no idea what oaks grow in the west
Either is easy to split. Wouldn’t mind if all the wood I got was Southern Red, or Black. Will make some high and tight stacks.
I’d say it’s black or so red.
More on #4 the oak. According to buZZsaw BRAD and others, pin oak wood smells like urine. This wood did not have a strong smell even for red oak....