Hi John Harris, I lived in Aberdeen from 83-92. Why did you leave the Golf capital?
Googled blue beech because I have never heard of it and show’s up as Carpinus carolinana American Hornbeam aka ironwood
More dead cherries to be found than Red Maple. So many Red Maples are used in landscapes that I think it will eventually be a firewood that finds...
I think most people get fed up with trash and worm poo to hold onto them long.
The leaf you are holding looks compound although stunted or immature. Probably the last gasps of ash riddled by eab.
Red Oak is the workhorse for heating my house.
Ash has epicormic sprouts like that
Living in bbq country I’ve always wondered how there are enough hickories to provide smoke to them all and who is it that has the contract to drop...
My mil recently commented that you can’t see the neighbors house and I said that’s the plan. My parents have not seen my piles but they always ask...
I’d call a 10-12” ironwood big. Saw a big multi stemmed ironwood on Wednesday and left it alone. No telling how old it is. I’ve got a 6-8” er in...
Sounds good, got any pics?
I’m getting a weekend of rain from delta. Tree job scheduled for tomorrow will be pushed to Mon or Tue. I took next week off to work on my log...
Again more Red Oak than Mulberry in my neighborhood. They are bigger, straight wood about splits itself and gravity fells a bunch of them.
Nice load of oak logs. Bark looks like Northern Red Oak.
I refer to carpinus caroliniana, american hornbeam as Ironwood Ostrya virginiana American hophornbeam Is not as hard as hornbeam, but may burn...
Yeah prices keep going up. Got the p09 for 450 and 10s for 550. The 75d is 600. I like cz’s but not $1,000 phantom like.
the outside the front door stack for the main floor stove. [ATTACH] The stacks for the basement that burns 24/7 oct-March [ATTACH]
This white oak split itself.[ATTACH]
Every Stihl dealer sells them. That’s where my last pair came from. 25yrs ago a pair saved my quad from being dissected by an 044. I was working...
In my area there is more white oak so it’s the winner.