I’ve noticed some variation in Poplar bark on older trees. I’ll take some pics tomorrow of big and small poplar in my yard. I may be mistaken,...
There is only one Liriodendrun tulipifera It has to be one of the trashiest trees on earth and I have them all over my property. It’s why I...
Boxelder is a weed tree and sycamore will make you sneeze and vomit if you have to cut it down in the summertime. Both go to the dumpster with...
We were at cougar creek on the west coast. That place was way off the beaten path back in the bush. Bathing in a frigid mountain stream was my...
I went fishing on your island aboot 4yrs ago. My wife is from BC. [ATTACH] Winter gear in July eh
I got all my white oak splits racked today. [ATTACH] Started splitting a big pignut I’ve had in the yard since spring. Splitting that was...
Did you replace the lovejoy on the pump? In the last pic of the first page, it looks like a tooth on the pump lovejoy is pretty hammered, like it...
The manual of woody landscape plants by Michael Dirr is the bible of Trees
Definitely don’t want to ground the chain in that spot.
That reminds me of long leaf pine. It’s unbelievably fire resistant.
I don’t cut much bl, but from y’all’s pics posted everyday it looks thick. Chestnut Oak has some thick bark.
If it’s like it is here, when cold weather hits lots of people start wanting/looking for wood. Last winter I had a guy come to the door asking for...
I’d say it’s Sycamore
Dogwood in my front yard with 23/24 oak in the background. [ATTACH]
Stihl dealers should get parts 2 day tops. Some are delivered next day. I had a weed eater in for service at Stihl dealer and I was back 2.5 weeks...
I’m hoping I can still move tomorrow morning. That fun is best left for the youngsters.
[ATTACH]
I can go along with that. If a sharp chain on a 70cc saw blasts through it than I’d be more confident it’s poplar.
Looks like it could be Japanese Maple. It is hard wood with smooth bark. Similar to Am Hornbeam to weight and density.
The pines, needles and sand do feel like they constantly radiate heat. Golf wasn’t for me either. Your new view is prettier than any of the horse...