Hi All, I found these while dissecting an Am Elm. I don’t know anything about mushrooms or identifying them, but I thought this bloom was super...
Nice wood score! Hope I run into a locust that big someday.
Agreed, Blackgum makes elm look good. I’ll never get it again, no matter how long and straight it is. Gum is evil in disguise.
Sweet wood score! I’d take that all day.
:BrianK: The pros know
1 is too many and 1,000 never enough
Stihl gives you a free scabbard with chainsaw purchase, also Silky and maybe Husqvarna
Def silver didn’t even look
Interesting to see how others notch. I always do my flat cut first. I never pizz rev a saw. Saw one let go while pizz revving. The dramatic pause...
Red Oak=Heat Time for a showdown!
I think I could exstinguish it right now.
My Saturday wood cutting plan got blown up, but it was still a good day. Drove to Elkin to see my parents, sister, nephews, niece and nephews...
Frost advisory tonight. I have about 2 wheelbarrows of White Oak to burn in the basement, before 1/2 cord of Blackgum. The BG has to be 3yrs old,...
I lived in St Paul for 15yrs and have many relatives in Eastern SD, but I only drove through southern Minnesota once. It was after a recent...
I feel the same, especially in the age of diesel mania. New trucks are now the cost of what a starter home was in the 90’s. The new twin turbo...
Only a handful of states will get a colder than normal winter, NOAA predicts Maybe splitting season will be extended this winter.
Turned up to 11 on every saw. Not sure why that screw even turns left.
Not sure if your area has rules and regs for smoke, but both my inserts are garage sale buys. $50 and $80 They are wood hogs, but they have...
Nope, few things are better than a day spent in the church of wood. Sore body and clear mind.
044