I was thinking #4 was Scarlet or Pin. I don’t cut many of either. Pin Oaks in my area almost always look like trash. They are full of deadwood,...
Yes it’s a quiz and I know the answers, except for the Oak. It is difficult to id a tree from bark and wood, especially from a photo. I didn’t...
Good guess, but there are very few live oaks in my area.
Yes #3 is sugar maple. 1 Crapemyrtle 2 Dogwood
Eckie was correct on #1 with Crapemyrtle. I should have clarified sooner.
Was there any walnuts, husks laying around? I was working near a massive bw today. Thought about taking a pic, because it might be 50+” dbh.
I like the teamwork. I thought #3 would be off the board, before dogwood.
This stuff is rock hard. I’ve cut many down over the years, but never kept it. Now that I’m in a club I felt compelled to bring some chunks home....
The tree service idea is excellent too. I know the bigger ones in my area and there are 50 more I don’t. They are interested in saving time and...
Great pics of the smokies! Next time y’all are in the neighborhood you need to visit the Andy Griffith museum and mount pilot.
Liquid rebuild is the best stuff!
Are there any universities near you? Maybe contact facilities management to find out what they do with their wood. Sorry it’s hard for you and...
I had to split from the outside in on the last big blackgum I had. like peeling layers off. That’s a nice level wood yard and setup.
Looks like a lot of straight wood, hopefully you can pick some up. It would be shame if it all has to rot.
I make and prefer square for the same reasons. Easier to do with straight grained big rounds aka trunks. Worked on a big white oak today and was...
Making lots of square sticks out this train of rounds. Tree fell in a May storm. [ATTACH]
My grandparents farms were north and west of Sisseton. Never paid attention to the trees when I was last there.
I don’t advertise. Just word of mouth. I didn’t have enough wood to advertise, but my stacks are growing to a point where I could sell more. Maybe...
What kind of trees are in the wind breaks?