Birch needs to be opened up. Before bucking, I use the chainsaw to zip a shallow cut the length of the wood. Just deep enough to get through the...
Good morning, folks. Mid 30's, overcast, and misty. Temps moving to near 60⁰ with showers. A snow melt kind of day. Nothing new otherwise....
Have fun! Be safe!
Ear protection needed?
I burn alot of red oak. I've burned some 4+ yrs CSS. I've not noticed any change with it coaling any different. I have a nice bed of coals in...
Nothing. Suggested Tylenol. Honestly, the pain isn't all that bad, unless I try to move my hand/arm in the wrong direction.
Good morning, everyone. Cold to start. 20's rising into the 40's, and cloudy. I've got a nice bruise on the part of my thumb still exposed....
We have cardinals all year long. Other songbirds have been loud this past week.
About 1/3 of this ash stack fell over recently.[ATTACH] It's not wood to be burned this season. And, it's to be moved when I have a chance to...
I suspect the tub won't survive. :cool:
Good morning, everyone. Cold start to the day. Mid-teens and clear. Broken bones are highly overrated. Sleep appears to be going to be a...
I've seen oak get dark like that by being buried by wet leaves for a couple of years.
The site is in need of an upgrade, including swag.
Welcome to the club! Red oak. You should let it season for a few years. This might be of assistance - Primer on Woodburning by Backwoods Savage
[ATTACH] A bit of excitement here today. Broken right wrist when I slipped on black ice earlier. I have an appointment with the a hand surgeon...
A wood splitting swing coach! I like it! Fiskars might post a video on how not to swing, featuring someone from here. :rofl: :lol:
BTW - I don't clear the entire roof. Just up a few feet from the edge. Just enough to allow water to not be held like a sponge by the snow....
What's the listed volume on those collection bags? I've not seen them before this thread. Thanks for sharing!
Good morning, everyone. Right at the freezing mark, with snow/rain mix. Should be out of here in a couple of hours. Today should be a down...
Glad you had PPE! Always a good reminder for all.