Sounds like one big misunderstanding, but I wouldn’t beat yourself up too much over it. Maybe next time the best starting point would be to...
Outstanding! Can’t ask for much better circumstances :thumbs:
^ This. I would either gift it to someone in dire need, or burn it myself. I wouldn’t want my reputation to take a hit for selling sub-par fuel,...
They do look wunderbar when done tidy, and I certainly enjoy looking at mein, but it's been well established that from a drying time standpoint,...
Is this what you're referring to, and doing a little projection? Monsanto's global weedkiller harms honeybees, research finds.
I once worked with a guy named Shortsleeve. It sounds like your name could be worse than that. Maybe Lipscomb? You said you’re 1/4 Sioux, is it an...
Score! That’s one heck of a deal for $20 :thumbs:
My guess is that since the two are coevolved species, the long term damage to the trees will be negligible. As for our native trees that haven't...
It's soft maple for sure, looks like red to me but it could be silver.
This'll be Sandhillbilly before he knows it [ATTACH]
I'm guessing less than a couple pounds. After shelling, it seems like you don't lose much in the leaching process. It's just labor intensive...
Those look tasty. I wish they grew naturally here in CT, I'd be all over them. I might have to plant some if I can get my hands on some seeds. :)
Nice get :yes: That's good to know about burying the root flare of a red oak too; I've never heard that before. Not that I've been itching to hide...
"Sure hate to waste wood but nobody here burns pine" All the more reason to burn it, nobody is going to fight you for it. :rofl: :lol: You live in...
Sounds daunting indeed. I've done a little roughing it in cold weather, but certainly not for months on end. I think it would be wise to not...
If you find one with lights on it that’s a huge bonus. During the dark winter days, chances are he’ll end up running it in the dark at some point....
Leaching is done. I did a taste test and there’s no trace of astringency/cottonmouth sensation. On to the oven now, 190F for about 4 hours. [ATTACH]
I top cover everything, even rot resistant black locust. Learned my lesson with dead ash a couple years back when it started getting soft being...
We have ignition :thumbs: I woke up to 47, the house being 64. Tried baking some cornbread to warm up the house, but decided to just have a fire....
Hmmm. That pronounced white stripe has me thinking Siberian elm still. The size of the trunk too. Most American/red elms succumb to DED long...