I was at the doctors this morning to finally address some chronic ankle pain that I’ve had on and off for a couple years now. Turns out the joint...
Fair enough. I finally had to break down and use Google. I did not recognize the OP’s pictures to be willow because this is what the willow looks...
Googlefoo? I assumed the leaves were something different than the logs. Thought maybe black willow for a second but they looked too wide and dark...
My first thought was actually red elm, but the furrows in the bark being blocky like that say cottonwood. That larger round does look like a...
Looks like cottonwood, I wouldn’t bother unless you’re hard up on your firewood supply.
X2 Boxelder. Leaves resemble poison ivy, prolific seed producer, young twigs are green in color, and like all maples it has opposite branching....
Mild @ 47° F. My oil heat kicked on when I woke up, so I loaded the stove with some silver maple in defiance. :D
I think this picture says it all. I've only burned a relatively small amount of regular white oak but was impressed. I have some in my stacks that...
I collected about one and a half 5 gallon pails worth of black walnuts this fall so far. Tonight I started cleaning them up, which is a messy,...
Thanks for sharing. Plenty of history there, told through some wonderful iconic pictures. As messed up as our current times are, at least we don’t...
The last “score” from our afternoon adventure. On the way home we passed a Chinese chestnut that had dropped a bunch of burs in the road. We...
At first I thought an elderly person tried turning around and got stuck, then called for a ride home from a relative. But the back of the car was...
Add black walnuts to today’s score :D [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I was out for an afternoon drive with my 7 year old and spotted a small pile of wood dumped roadside. At first I thought black birch but was...
That’s exactly what it is. I scooped up a free used shipping crate last year, busted it apart and made the rack. Underneath it I have a plastic...
55, windy and unsettled. Back at it again with more red cedar scraps. [ATTACH] I broke down and decided to set my indoor wood rack back up by my...
That takes the meaning of the expression “throttle therapy” to a whole new level bogieb :thumbs:
I ended up with about a mason jar worth of flour from the 6 jars I had in the leaching process. Just finished making bread with it :thumbs: I...
I do think people here are stocking up, so there’s a little less than usual as far as curbside neighborhood scrounges go. Back in early August 2...
Raw, 50 and raining projected here all day. Eastern red cedar going in the Lopi.