I just like saying the word sassafras :) All of the Sassafras foliage I’ve seen in my area turned a fiery red this fall. I do have about 3-4...
36 and clear. Changing it up this morning burning a mixed load of cedar and a few splits of weeping cherry.
50 and dropping fast towards freezing by dawn. Burning the last of my silver maple with one large barkless wedge cut of white oak on top, just to...
47° heading to the low 50s. Starting the day off with a small load of silver maple with a couple hickory nuggets for some added coaling.
Sounds like if you can deal with the drive, it’s a good move. $15k a year is huge, and I’m sure very welcome in these times. 6 years ago I left my...
57 heading to the mid 40s. Making another dent in my dwindling silver maple supply. I used black cherry splitter trash for kindling and I can...
Definitely hickory, definitely way past it’s prime
Sounds menacing. Is that an early version of one of those “November Witch” storms?
Way to go Brad. :thumbs: Now I’ve seen everything. Not too, too long ago I remember you saying you’ll NEVER take elm and NEVER use hydraulics and...
I tend to agree. I have 6 Ameraucanas and 2 Rhode Island Reds and they do fine even when it’s zero degrees outside. They hunker down together...
I was dropping my son off at a school dance tonight and was forced to stop and wait. I’ve never been so honored to sit in a traffic jam before....
Thank you for your service Juniper Hill The world needs men and women in your profession now more than ever :handshake:
Sorry for your loss of two of Canada's finest.
My coworker’s wife took these pictures from her office at my local hospital this morning. It’s the two officers that never made it home from their...
If it’s anything like it’s cousin the tulip poplar, it should make decent shoulder wood. I’ve never seen one here but apparently there are a few...
I still have an active account on there, but haven’t requested any more drops yet. I’m far enough ahead and have lucked out scrounging the last...
Stop pointing out the direction of things and be a good obedient citizen by registering your garden! :picard:
Here's a few minutes of reading that I found interesting and relevant to modern times:...
Thanks. I originally had about a cord of spruce from a buddy’s house when he took down a row of trees along his property line. I also scrounged a...
Looking good there foothillsfire. My wood yard is a work in progress that changes year to year. Most of what I have is lined up in parallel rows,...