Another Nor'easter and another great day/night for the vacation fund. Wish I could make this kind of money at my regular job.
1 year is plenty in my book but it sits out in the middle of a wide open field - lots of wind and full sun. I have had it where it got plenty of...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The weather hasn't been great for working on the wood pile but I try to get out there at least 1 day a week. Here's...
I'm a teacher and sell firewood. I work on firewood one way or another almost year round but summer is my "go time."
Sounds like you've encountered it all. Almost all of my customers come outside or at least stand in the garage when I'm plowing and they expect...
I am not interested in commercial properties for some of the reasons you mentioned. I am a teacher and can only plow when we get enough to be off...
I have thought about charging per minute for those people who want every flake removed from every inch of their driveway...$3 a minute wouldn't...
Most of my business is from people who wait until after the storm but it's not craigslist anymore, it's through local facebook pages which keeps...
Just curious if anyone else in here plows and how they make out with each storm. I'm in south Jersey where we don't get many opportunities to...
8" of very heavy wet snow the other day. Tons of trees down all over the place. Getting around to plow was an adventure but I made a killing so...
I have always hated splitting gum and since I've owned a OWB, I haven't had to split much. I have taken 18" diameter gum and cut it to roughly 2'...
How much does your log lift pick up where you have to use a maul and wedge? I just recently bought a splitter that is rated to lift a 500lb log...
Never knew that...and it smells better than gas!
Who cares about what's stuck on your wood clothes? When I'm wearing them and eating lunch, I don't use napkins. Haha
Gasoline removes pine sap like it's nothing.
I don't know why any reputable firewood dealer would ever cut prices. If he has a quality product at an already reasonable price, he should have...
Way to get the whole family involved.
Tape measure and sidewalk chalk. Tape measure is small so it fits in my pocket along with the sidewalk chalk. I don't need toys. I like to keep...
Mulberry burns good and hot, just watch out for the sparks as already mentioned. Cherry around here fetches top dollar - more than oak even...
I will try to get some pics in the near future for you.