From my experience, Northern Red Oak splits easily and is not stringy. I would think you have pin oak there.
Looks delish!
I wish mine were that low
Taxes are insane all across this state
And here I thought it was the Garden State because you have to guard everything you own...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I had a woman contact me about oak logs down in her yard. She wanted them gone and has seen on Facebook that I sell...
I'm about 60 miles north of you and inland. Couldn't even think of planting yet but I'm thinking you should be fine.
They certainly do have a lot of water weight but hickory and black locust are heavier in my opinion.
[ATTACH] Sun
I was told if you don't something is wrong!
I wake up to wood most every morning
I shut the tractor down once I have the log where I want it. No strapping. Seems like that would take too much time. You just have to make sure...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Pick up log to waist height with tractor, mark, cut, pile a little then split, repeat a few hundred times. Got about 3...
Are you splitting for an OWB? Those are some big splits.
Portage and Main is a good company
I was just down exit 0 territory last week. First time ever spending much time in Cape May. I really enjoyed West Cape May. Some nice breweries...
That should take a few hours at most. What will you do with the rest of your weekend? JK. Love the smell of fresh cut and split cherry.
Thanks guys. I sell wood so that really is just a drop in the bucket for me but I know everyone in here loves a good wood scrounge with pictures.
A retired guy I used to work with called a few weeks ago and said he had some wood to get rid of. First load I cut and loaded by hand. Second...
I agree there is a certain stress level that comes with the territory and I'm pretty sure as good as the money can be, I would lose interest if...