Yep, split right on site. Started yesterday, the rest I cut and split on my lunch break today. There’s more there but too far gone for my liking.
What kind of poplar? In New England there’s tulip poplar which is in the magnolia family and not a true poplar, and there’s quaking & bigtooth...
All firewood. A couple years ago I made a large batch of cherry smoker chips, and I’m sure I won’t need any more for the foreseeable future. I...
Expecting it to drop to the high 20s by morning, still warmish at 45 now. At it again with red oak and red maple.
I wasn’t going to make a thread about this small amount, but seeing it all split and loaded up, I guess it’s kinda sorta FHC worthy :) Now that...
That's a really, really, really nice mess to have though :thumbs:
No fire at the moment. 50° here, forecasted to slowly drop during the course of the day. By this evening I'll be back in the burning routine.
If I was there I’d be diving in the back to get all those honey locust seed pods :)
This has got to be the first non-political/non corporate media bashing/non culture war video of his I’ve seen. I remember finding him years ago on...
I think for dead standing, usually the bottom third of the trunk stays sopping wet. The tree will continue to wick up moisture from the ground, or...
It’s safe to assume every single large round will be full of water, no matter how long it’s been dead/down. That’s been my experience with oak,...
Yes, 100%. Another reason I'm forgoing fresh cut green BL from now on. The dead/petrified variety cuts totally different (harder on...
When I bought my house, it had sat vacant for close to a year and the mice were pretty well established inside. It took several months of sealing...
39F with a full load of red maple going in the Lopi. Rain coming later this afternoon with a warmup. Looks like the stove will sit idle tomorrow,...
I’ve had small clinkers from elm before. Then again, I’ve been burning a mix of black locust, cherry, red oak and maple, and I had clinkers a few...
The elm-to-be-split-next-year pile is growing some more. There are plenty of shorties, chunks and skinnies piled up in there that won’t need to be...
I tossed some of the barkless 1 & 1/2 diameter stuff that was getting punky inside. I have enough of that for my fire pit already.
One small load today from this same coworker that hooked me up almost two years ago. Not stuff I’d normally take (too many skinnies :picard:), but...
Is it April 1st already or does someone need to bring you out an emergency supply? :rofl: :lol: When I bought my house that's about what I had...
44 heading towards freezing. One huge crotch section of 2 1/2 year sugar maple with 2 smaller chunks of ash.