Yes I have cut living green ash and it wasn't that easy to split. Most I encounter now is dead and using a hydro, splitting is not an issue.
Great first post ndmatt :thumbs: Some serious firewood making going on there. Welcome to the FHC :handshake: Lots of great folks here.
She saw three males together at the feeder this morning. Hear them all the time now. Cool to watch them fly away with all black and white....
X2
Fooled me for a while too. I had on occasion back handed the laptop screen and told Dave if I broke it he owes me a new computer.
AWESOME! Congrats to Chud :salute: a very worthy recipient. Time sure does fly. Seems like I just had the sign myself. Did he buy the 661?...
:p :rofl: :lol:
Try a 20" bar on a 70cc saw. I'm saying a Stihl 500i for the win. I still think a ported saw would do wonders for your production. Have you...
Those are cool. What year do you think?
Those rounds aren't monster maul size...use an axe!
[ATTACH]
Year or two before I joined FHC I did take a couple limbs but knew ahead of time it was a b!tch to hand split. Remember I didn't have a hydro...
Id do it for 10K :makeitrain"Cash only and a depends! :rofl: :lol:
The temptation was too great huh buddy!!!??? :D I triple dog dare you to hand split the sycamore...and post a video.
Nope! :emb: :D I can pinch a penny so hard that heads and tails end up on the same side of the coin! :eek: :rofl: :lol:
sure does. Kinda hit or miss with BL. Id say one in three ways rot in the base of the trunk. Occasional voids with the same too. Dead BL is...
[ATTACH] What were you expecting?:D My 3 YO step granddaughter Lucy grabbed my cap and put it on tonight. Oh and this is not Baby Bird to those...
I would buy a gallon as needed years back and gradually would buy the TSC brand especially when on sale. Same issue here during COVID....
In my early days as a FHC I would post new threads until I realized it was easier to add a post onto the thread it was associated with. I have...
Nice find Thom! :thumbs: Yeah I've encountered the same with cherry and cutting "compost" inside trees. Frozen "dirt" in black locust is the...