Same here, I see saplings and the occasional dead tree that has stump sprouted. There's probably 2 dozen growing just over the property line...
Not even any young saplings left in your area? We still have plenty of small ones despite being infested for over a decade.
I'd be very interested to know how it arrived there. Some idiot transporting infested firewood hundreds of miles, or another infested shipment...
Very neat! According to The Hill article linked, they’re looking for acorns to propagate it. Unfortunately oaks aren’t self fertile and require...
Oops, yeah now I see. Same location though or far apart from each other? I'd like to grow a few Chinese trees since the ones I stored in pots over...
Chinese chestnut, cool find :yes: Is there another one close by or just the solitary tree?
Good to know, thanks. :) I noticed the trees are loaded heavily with fruit well into the winter.
It was a beautiful 54° at 4:30 this morning. Looks like I won't be seeing that again for the foreseeable future. I'm grateful to have a small pool...
This mountain ash sprouted in the woods next door to me. The parent tree is in my neighbor’s yard 2 houses down, and I noticed my neighbor above...
Plenty here in central Connecticut as well. Two summers ago I spotted one in my backyard on 4 separate occasions. They go through the neighborhood...
That’s a good haul :thumbs: Is that elm of the Siberian flavor?
No, not quite but I can see how you would take it that way. My own sister and several cousins are in “the community” and I don’t look at them any...
We must be living parallel lives Brad :) I just spotted one in Chester right now, coming back from the beach with my kids. [ATTACH]
That’s a big elm! It’s rare I see one of that size around here, save for a handful of old city trees treated regularly with fungicide.
I’ve heard that said before, but also read it’s hit or miss depending on the size and species. I can tell you that a couple weeks ago I shot a...
It’s tricky on these Chinese invasives. I did that last June, and by August the trees had pushed out sucker branches right below where I girdled...
I should make an FHC brand and burn it into the open wound of trees I girdle :)
:thumbs: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
For a split second it looked like a chestnut in bloom but it’s definitely not. Looks like it’s something from overseas but I can’t place it. I say...
Another vote for Mimosa AKA silk tree. Invasive as all get out. I’ve seen them both in people’s yards and taking over disturbed natural areas. I...