Well this is getting interesting and I might actually learn something.:)
Mine had the Maduro wrapper, did yours, I assume it gave it a little extra punch??????
Was not talking a bigger fire was just talking about more surface area for the secondary burn to take place compared to a smaller stove.
Too easy, I need to go do something.:D
Several of us knowledgeable wood burners know how well the good pre EPA stove work and how clean they can burn when used correctly. Now here's the...
Friends will get you through times of no money better then money will get you through times of no friends. Now can someone tell me what quote that...
Yep same thing more or less. "air control damper to allow the unit to heat up and get a good burn going before the air is closed off to the Low...
Bought those online for about $5.50 with the Maduro wrapper, they listed them as medium but I gave one to a friend (who smoked cigars) and he...
What you described sounds like what is printed unless I am missing something.
It's a "space feature", when you space out and forget the stove it drops back to the desired setting by itself.:)
Yep many good older stoves out there, my Nashua is a heat monster with dry wood and like you I am not sure how much wood I am saving.
Yep you would swear it had a 12 volt battery in it.
I think I get your drift, comes from wet wood and or smoldering a fire.
Ever try a 8 volt battery, amazing what 2 volts can do.
I agree it looks like more of a safety feature instead of something that extends the burn cycle.
When I start a fire in the shop and its cold out there (32 degrees or so) the fire starts a little slower and the wood is inside the shop and has...
Sounds good in theory but in practice it's a tuff nut to crack, worked a long time and met a lot of people who dont seem to care about anything...
Found this. "At England’s Stove Works, our engineers have developed a patent pending Automatic Air Setback (AAS) that nurtures your fire from the...
I get the impression those are of the stronger variety, that's nice that you get free shipping on the daily deal.
Sounds interesting but dont think I would trust it, hard to believe it would react quick enough to keep from over firing or it could cause a back...