Received my cigars from woodporn and they were very enjoyable, smoked one of each for the football games Sat. and Sun., nice flavor and...
IMHO the whole paper thing was for people who were trying to make a trash burner out of their wood stove, also if you burn correctly they will be...
How about a cannidor?:D Just kidding, I was in my 20's during the 70's.:cool:
Not really buying the "every elbow acts like several feet of pipe" even though it is well accepted in the firewood community, my old stove had 2...
Is that type of Elm known to split easier then the others, I had some red Elm that was dead for a long time that I could not hardly put a dent in it.
They are kinda freaking out over this ice storm moving in, hope it's not that bad here.
Can't find the article about the name, it probably was incorrect though, it was an old article that said some workers were clearing farm ground...
Never had a problem if it was dry, used to put elm rounds that just barely fit in the door when I went to work and all that was in the stove when...
I dont notice that so much. Wood trivia question. How did the name "pizz elm" come to be?
Your loss, been burning Elm for well over 30 years and it is good wood. I have a splitter also but I dont like splitting it green, stringy to say...
Nothing wrong with Elm, if you have the time it splits a lot better if the rounds are left for a few months.
I forgot to mention the 18 inch is what is recommended (as bushpilot posted) but I would still try both places, I have mine a little higher then...
I would try it in both locations to get an idea of the difference, I know BWS has a pipe like that and he puts his on the top of the horizontal...
It's all relative, if the flue temp is too low at the stove then it will be obviously be way too low higher up the chimney.
LOL, I did not question your sense of humor just the fact that on forums it does not always come out as intended.:yes: Edit-That is why we have...
Kimberly- did you ever do a smoke test?
That seems to be a problem on forums, some people dont like me (another forum) due to my humor.
Best to monitor flue temps so you can have an idea of what is going on in the chimney.
My first wood stove back in 1977 (freestanding) was a thin double wall affair and it said in the manual not to run the stove without the fan, I...
That's great that it's working for you, I like the idea of not having to watch the stove so close in the beginning of a burn cycle.