What I use is FREE and works great!
Somewhere along the way Kimberly started monitoring her flue temps did she not? It's kinda hard to keep up with what is going on.
What's that got to do with the price of rice in China? People heat with gas now also so what in the world are we doing heating with wood?:doh:
I've done that without cutting it, takes a little patience but it can be done.
Get some help (guy with hyd. splitter) and split the rounds to a size you can load, take them home and finish the job, reward your self with a...
Not sure why I would use Super Cedars when I have other means that has worked well got close to 40 years.
In the middle of a storm now, up to 12 inches of snow and then wind. Mixture of Red Elm, Green and White Ash and a little Bur Oak once in a while.
My ash was split when I was born.:D
Why does this thread seem to be filled with symbolism?
Is there any particular reason that the Blaze King owners have black glass and your stove does not do that?
The bark and the color of the wood, Green Ash tends to be a little darker then White Ash. [IMG][IMG]
Short split pieces of construction lumber, no glue products.
Green Ash to be specific.
I burn about 4 or 5 kinds of wood that I can get on a regular basis and they all have their place in the scheme of things, I love the high temps...
I wish the HT2000 was a little more "conventional" in both looks and longer then wider, but if it works it works, I like the idea of a little...
Then you are running a flue temp fairly close to what I am maybe even a little higher, never a problem with black glass or creosote. Reading flue...
I only cover what I think I will use that winter in the fall so all seasoning is done with out any top cover. I have burnt Bur Oak for over 30...
I dont think you are blowing it.:)
Twice this year I think, just the haze buildup, it looks so nice when it's clean.
I just dont get that papadave, I have no sizzlers in the Oak I burn (Bur), dead when cut and sit for 2 summers and it takes off on coals instantly...