Can't find any instructions on the internet for leaving the air open on unattended stove in my quick search in fact so far they say just the opposite.
Wow, never have seen that but now I understand what you are saying.
Are you saying there is a difference?
Not sure what you are referring to, most instructions talk about reducing the air to a level for the heat you need, over the years I have read...
IMHO too many people turn their stoves down too far at night, it is recommended to have at least some flames on the wood not just the secondaries...
I cut, split, and stack one pickup load at a time, I am in no particular hurry and find splitting the wood right out of the pickup saves me from...
Dave was just saying he was not a cigar snob.
That is what I found on the net (baking soda) did not have to use anything on my coolidor.
My eyes, my eyes blurry picture. Why dont you ask for a new door, sorry if this was brought up before.
I burn a lot of Mulberry and while I like it a lot no way do I agree that it has more BTU's then my Bur Oak which I also burn a lot of, my Oak...
I was a little embarrassed to say I used a cooler for a humidor (hence the nickname ghetto humidor) as many of you must have nice ones, I did not...
The baking soda is just to help remove the plastic smell when you first set up the coolidor.
LOL, sorry just my attempt at humor. [ATTACH]
Wood will rot if it stays wet for long periods of time, left in a pile it doesn't have much of a chance to dry at all, if green it's gonna rot in...
I have often wondered if people have stacked the rounds or just left them lay on the ground as the air really need to get to the ends, maybe I...
Funny you say that as some of the Oak (Bur) is laying on the ground and will not rot for at least a couple of years, sometimes things are not...
So many of you let the cigars set in a humidor before smoking them, I have a ghetto humidor that helps and so far my cigars seem to be holding up...
Not my findings in burning Oak for over 30 years, if left in rounds and stacked it will dry, wood dries in rounds as long as you stack it and let...
"In the past I would on really cold nights get in a trap thinking oh its really cold I need to get the stove set just perfect get that air control...
I replaced an old leaky sliding glass door this fall and the house heats much better now, yep all sorts of south facing windows.