Boston is over 60". It has been light and fluffy, so it compacts between storms.
I still have twelve feet more to the power lines. I figure two more weeks of snow storms and I'm there.
That is a good one! Ole!
Same here. Chin up.
They will dry quick.
He's got the rounds right there ready to split.
Here is my Weber grill on the patio. [ATTACH] The chiminea, with its' stack is also on the patio. There is a 3 foot stack of oak and my...
With all the snow we've had up here, I really needed drift cutters to make wider paths. I have an older Toro 720 snow blower. I worked some...
The other day I joked about the snow pile in front of my house being so high that I could stand on it and hang laundry from the telephone wires....
Oh, that looks good. My old neighbor used to make that and send some over. He added a little Tony Chachere's creole seasoning to it for a nice kick.
I usually let pecan pie cool off before eating but I ate it pretty hot. I did not have ice cream or whipped topping at the time. :mad:Ya,...
You are a cooking fury today Pete.
I believe some smiths that use gassers use kaowool or some type of ceramic blanket as a forge lining.
A mix of sand and plaster of Paris. I think clay kitty litter can work too. I'll see if I can find the youtube video somewhere.
You're really mean today Pete.
Shazaam!
Basic forges are made exactly that way. They can even be made on the ground using a hairdryer with a metal tube going into a small pit with...
If you can, go over to iforgeiron's website for tips. There are a few sections there for bladesmithing. Do you have a forge? There is a bit to...
From what I have seen and read, my diagnosis is: "no intervention needed".
Is there a project in mind for these, or just to have if needed? Nostalgia works too. I'm in the gotta have just in case camp. I really wished...