I got the rest of the year off for making firewood with chainsaws, but it looks like it’s going to be wet. Wasn’t that long ago, you could pick...
I have a bunch of oak, but I like to have several cords of fast drying easy to light up wood too. Blackgum is a pia to split but I love how fast...
All this chainsaw talk has me planning a trip to candy land after Christmas. I got 600 or maybe 2k headed my way. Might trade off the 288 for a...
I am not aware of any design changes in the 261cm.
The original 261 was a huge upgrade from the 260. I have the 3.0 and it’s a noticeable upgrade from the non m 261. The biggest difference imo is...
Hotsaws101 described it as in the top 3 of best running saws out of the box, so it’s subjective.
Like Honda dumped 2 strokes after 07. [MEDIA]
I can easily big shot these 100’ A real time and climb saver. [ATTACH]
Sugarberry aka Southern Hackberry
I agree with you 100%. I’m an arborist, so control and feel of the cut is what I’m looking for. I cut firewood the same way. I’m looking for the...
I hear you and see you do a lot of cutting. I’ve never used a cylinder modified saw and believe everyone is speaking the truth when they talk...
No doubt. I watch a lot of them. One guy swaps bar and chain, but it’s comprised after 1st cut imo, even if it’s barkless stacked beams.
Another option is upgrading your current machine. Bigger motor, bigger pump and a cylinder that can accept increased gpm.
No idea what the wood is either and obviously one end had knots or something different in the grain that slowed the cut. I’ve seen several vids of...
So you’ve used both and are making an experienced judgment?
Faster cycle time is the most important feature imo. Ability to split with a 4-6 way wedge would make a difference. Auto return would improve...
Yes get the rope as high as you can. If there is risk of damaging your property it would be worth the cost of buying a throw line, bag and big...
It’s got some scalloped split edges like poplar or blackgum
Technology ftw! [MEDIA]
I think it’s worth trying to get it for less. I got mine for 1,095.21 otd with the 24” light bar Why is he selling? If he won’t budge, I don’t...