Good idea to roll it. :salute: I've used a clothesline hook and a come-a-long hooked to my bumper to roll a big log.
Thats some good wood there. Looks like you are making some good connections.
Good to see you back HPH! :handshake: Some decent stuff there. Rare to see rot on a cedar like that. Only have encountered it once myself....
Go get it Gunnar!:salute: Tearing it up with those loads. Be careful you don't catch locust mania though. Its an uncontrollable desire to...
Nice find. :salute: Yes that looks like black locust in the mix. My favorite!
3-4 trees in one clump. Didn't measure the stump logs but they were big. Not as big as the one I cut back in January. How was your little...
LOL!!! This is on the same street where I've been cutting BL the last few years...storm wood from 2020.
W We're going to mill that HL soon. I was thinking of ratcheting strap them to prevent any warping. Milling them 7/8" thick. Maybe some...
I still have a couple trips from my HL score to get first. Plus the red oak at my other score ive been neglecting. This is all shaded and off...
Doing an errand this morning before work. I often pass this house that has the biggest mulberry I've seen in the area. Clump of 3-4 trees, all...
Cedar dries fast and is pretty dimensionally stable so IME drying it you shouldn't have any problems. The stuff I dried was milled to 7/8" thick....
Its pretty stable wood. I had no issues with cedar warping with minimal weight on top...just the slab cut off. I've thought of strapping the HL...
Godzilla..you're new truck. For a second I thought you were referring to Ms. Carol! :eek: Some nice logs there. Good to have connections.
Youre a brave man taking sycamore. Miserable stuff to split.
Stacked the rest at storage save for some smalls, uglies and nuggets. That stack is 6' tall and 16'long. Roughly a cord so far. I may stop...
Nice find there Chuck. Yeah Summer seems to be the season of you don't mind the heat. Folks don't want to mow around it I guess.
It pays to talk firewood. Never know what you'll get. Some good stuff there. Sounds like a good connection.:thumbs: Time to get :saw: and...
I got my 460 power head for $50 from a wood customer in 2018. I had no idea of its value at the time until I did some research after buying it.
Gonna go back.
Top handles are very handy saws. Ive seen and considered a 2511 myself, but with two already (Stihl 194 & 201) do I really "need" another? Cut...