It's not a competition. I'm sure you've been plenty busy doing other things but summer is when I have the time to get it done.
That is how I "stack" wood.
Always hoping to get more done than you do but this pile represents what got done in the month of July. Just over 60 feet long. Still have a lot...
Doesn't sound worth it to me
OH and for those who followed my oak stained hands thread, I did wear gloves for this as I don't care for pine sap all over my hands and saw.
[ATTACH] This more pine I got paid to haul away. Going to be a cheap heating season.
No. sorry
It's a mix of pitch and southern yellow. Some of it is pretty heavy and more dense.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Since everyone around here thinks pine will burn your house down, you can't give it away - literally. I came across a...
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I'm not seeing oak
Gloves suck. That is all.
It only takes 3 years if you work against nature and put it out of the sun and wind. This will all be sold and burned next heating season.
Gloves are for.... people who need them
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Thankful for the log lift right about now. I'm in the middle of a lot of big rounds that require no more back breaking. Have...
I get splinters here and there but they don't do any damage. Just dig em out with a sewing needle and move on. Gloves just slow me down.
It's not green as in fresh dropped but it certainly needs time to dry while it's split as pretty much all oak does.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Whenever I split oak, my hands look dirty for days. I'm using a log splitter so I'm basically just handling rounds and splits....
Saturday was 90 with full sun, 30-32% humidity and a steady breeze... Great for drying out the firewood.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Been plugging away when I can. Haven't had as much free time as I had hoped. Today is 90 degrees, 32% humidity...